CATHOLIC FAITH AND ETHOS
Notre Dame Catholic Primary School is a voluntary aided, one-form entry school with seven classes with approximately 210 children aged between 4 and 11. It is part of the parish community of St Joseph’s, Shooter’s Hill.
The Governors and staff are strongly committed to building and strengthening the Catholic ethos of the school. Underlying our teaching and our relationships are the Gospel Values of honesty and humility, justice and mercy. Our aim, within this context, is that all members of our community show respect and care for one another and extend their concern to the needy by prayer and charitable service. We place a great emphasis on home, school and parish links.
The school strives to build on the foundations of faith started from the home and seeks to provide an environment where beliefs and values of the Catholic faith are taught, explained, developed and nurtured. A place where each child believes in their own potential, in an environment where they can succeed and achieve.
Our Catholic Values
- To uphold established Catholic values and traditions
- To provide a happy, safe and secure environment for teaching and learning
- To nurture and respect every child as a unique individual
- To values and respect all cultures
- To encourage growth and independence rooted in relationships
- To ensure equality for all enabling full potential to be achieved
- To integrate each individual’s special needs