Home School AGREEMENT
WE WILL ENDEAVOUR TO
- Provide opportunities for spiritual development through prayer and attending mass both at St. Joseph’s Parish Church and at school.
- Provide an environment which is happy, friendly, supportive, caring and safe.
- Encourage children to treat their surroundings and others with consideration and respect.
- Create and maintain a learning environment which will enable each child to reach their full potential.
- Keep parents informed about all general school matters through regular written contact with the home.
- Let parents know of any concerns or problems about punctuality, attendance, uniform or equipment that might affect their child’s learning or behaviour.
- Provide and evaluate regular homework linked to topic learning areas.
- Arrange regular parent’s evening to discuss children’s progress.
- Work in Partnership with any issues relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
I WILL TRY AS HARD AS I CAN TO
- Take an active part in acts of worship and prayer.
- Attend school regularly and on time.
- Wear the full school uniform correctly and with pride.
- Respect and care for other people in the school community, including other children and staff.
- Keep the school’s behaviour policy and golden rules.
- Bring all the equipment that I need every day.
- Work hard at school and at home with my homework.
I/WE WILL ENDEAVOUR TO
- Support the school’s Catholic ethos and encourage my child/ren to pray and attend mass regularly.
- Ensure that my child attends school regularly, arrives at school on time every day and is collected punctually.
- Contact school on the first day of absence and send in a note when they return.
- Make the school aware of any problems that might affect my child’s learning or behaviour.
- Attend Parent’s Evening and discussions about my child’s progress.
- Support the child with their homework and other opportunities for home learning.
- Support the school in its management of behaviour and discipline.
- Permit external agencies to work together for the benefit t of my child.
- Ensure that updated contact information is provided to the school.
TOGETHER WE WILL
- Support children’s spiritual development.
- Support and guide your child/ren’s learning, helping them to achieve their best.
- Help the child to become responsible and thoughtful members of the school community.